CaseBack to Cases
LB TH v SB, KU, (A Minor: UU) Interveners: IU and AU
Child had significant mental health problems and had attempted suicide numerous times throughout proceedings.
· The case involves historic account of sexual abuse when child was aged 4-7 years old.
· Both alleged perpetrators were minors at the time of the alleged rapes.
· Court dealing with recollection of events said to have taken place over a decade earlier.
· Child said to have motive for making false allegations due to significant neglect.
· Parents did not support child’s account initially but following consideration of her Video Recorded Interview, believed child was telling the truth about the allegations.
· Legal Arguments about whether child ought to give evidence, child wished to give evidence.
· No findings against parents of failure to protect.Back to Cases